BUYER'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
2. If you are resident in the EU, then in selling Items to you via the Website we are subject to the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (the “Regulations”). These Terms are designed to be compliant in all respects with the Regulations.
3. In these Terms the following definitions shall apply:
“Agreement” means any contract entered into between a Seller and Covetique;
“Buyer” or “you” means the buyer of an Item which is sold through the Website;
“Covetique”, "us", "we" and "our" means Covetique Limited, a limited company registered in England & Wales (registered number 7491491) whose place of business is at Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London, N1 7FB;
“Item” means any garment or other item sold via the Website;
“Price” means the price at which an Item is listed on the Website;
“Regulations” means the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000;
“Seller” means the person on whose behalf we are selling an Item;
“Terms” means these Buyers’ Terms and Conditions; and
"Website” means our website www.covetique.com.
Display of Items on the Website
4. All Items offered for sale on the Website are used or “pre-owned” items which we are selling as agents on behalf of private third party sellers. By agreeing to these Terms you acknowledge that in offering to purchase and/or purchasing any Item we act as agent for a Seller (our principal).
5. While we make every effort to describe and display every Item as accurately as possible, you should be aware that the colour and appearance of the Item as displayed on your computer monitor or any other display may differ from the actual colour and appearance of the Item.
6. Items sold through the Website are sold “as is” and accordingly we encourage Buyers to carefully review all photographs and the description of the condition of any Item which they are considering buying. We also encourage you to contact us if you have any queries about an Item before making an offer to buy it, by clicking on the “ask a question” button on the product page or by email to email@example.com.
7. The stated Price is designed to reflect the fact that the Item is pre-owned, taking into account the condition of the Item and a number of other factors including, without limitation, the original retail price of the Item, the age and style of the Item and other relevant market factors.
8. The display of Items and prices on the Website does not constitute an offer on our part. No Agreement shall come into existence unless and until we accept your order for an Item.
9. Once you have placed your order we will send you an acknowledgement by email. This email is merely a confirmation that we have received your order and does not constitute acceptance of your order.
10. Acceptance of your order will be deemed to occur when we email you to confirm the Item has been despatched to you, at which point an Agreement will come into existence between us. The Agreement shall be governed by these Terms to the exclusion of all other terms, conditions and representations whether written or oral.
11. We reserve the right in our absolute discretion to reject any order that is placed with us and/or to withdraw any Item displayed on the Website at any time before your order is accepted.
12. If you enter into an Agreement with us on behalf of a business, you represent that you have the authority to legally bind the business to the Agreement.
Prices, Payment & Delivery
13. All prices on the Website are provided in pounds sterling.
14. All prices are exclusive of postage and packing which shall be charged at the following rates:
|Country of Delivery||Price (Sterling)||Estimated Delivery Period|
|UK mainland (standard delivery)||£5.00||3-5 Days|
|UK mainland (express delivery)||£10.00||1-2 Days|
|United States||£30.00||7 Days|
|Rest Of The World||£30.00||7 Days|
15. All delivery times referred to above are estimates only, and we do not accept any liability for failure to deliver Items within the stated delivery period (provided that delivery occurs within 30 days from the date of your order).
16. We accept payment in pounds sterling only by credit or debit card or Paypal. We may accept other forms of payment from time to time, which will be clearly indicated on our Website.
17. If you are paying by credit or debit card, in making payment you confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours or that you have specific authority to use it to buy from us. If you are paying by Paypal you confirm that it is your Paypal account and you have authority to make the payment.
18. Payment will be debited from your account on the day on which we dispatch your order.
19. Holders of credit or debit cards may be subject to validation checks and authorisation by issuer of their card. We accept no responsibility for your card issuer to refuse payment authorisation and we shall not be liable for any resulting delay or non-delivery.
20. Items will be insured by us prior to postage until the Item is delivered. Once you have confirmed receipt of delivery by means of a signature then the responsibility of your purchased goods is then passed to you. If someone else signs for delivery of an Item on your behalf (whether or not they have authority to do so), you shall be treated as having received the Item.
21. We aim to dispatch items within 48 hours of receiving your order (if accepted) Monday to Friday, our office hours for shipping are 9.30 – 17.00 (UK time). We do not accept any liability for failure to dispatch Items within this time frame.
22. When shipped outside of the UK any Item purchased from us may be subject to import duties and taxes. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. We have no control over these charges and encourage you to contact your local custom office for further information before placing your order.
23. You must inform yourself and comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
Cancellation and Refund (EU customers only)
24. In accordance with the Regulations, you may cancel your order for any reason at any time within 7 working days counting from the day after you received the Item, by giving us notice in writing. We prefer you to cancel by email (addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org), but you may also cancel by letter delivered by hand or post addressed to Returns Department, Covetique/ASOS, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London, N1 7FB. If you send a cancellation notice by post, you are advised to obtain and keep evidence of posting.
25. When you send us notice of cancellation we will issue you with a returns authorisation number by email, and you must return the Item to us (quoting the returns authorisation number) within 7 days of the issue of the returns number. You must pay for the cost of returning the Item.
26. The Item must be returned to us in the same condition as that in which you received it, with all tags and labels still attached.
27. You are under a duty to take reasonable care of the Item whilst it is in your possession, so we therefore recommend that you package the Item carefully, send it by recorded or special delivery and insure it during transit to ensure that it reaches us in good condition.
28. We will provide you with a full refund within 30 days of cancellation of the order.
29. In addition to, and without prejudice to your right to cancel under clauses 25 to 28 above, we operate a returns policy. If you wish to return any Item you must contact us within 7 days of receipt of the Item by email to email@example.com to request a returns number and stating the reason for the return.
30. You must return the Item to us (quoting the returns number) within 7 days of the issue of the returns number to Returns Department, Covetique/ASOS, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road, London, N1 7FB. You must pay for the cost of returning the Item, and we recommend that you send it by recorded or special delivery.
31. The Item must be returned to us in the same condition as that in which you received it, with all tags and labels still attached. We accept no responsibility for Items which are lost, delayed or damaged in transit, so we therefore recommend that you package the Item carefully and insure it during transit to ensure that it reaches us in good condition.
32. Provided we receive the Item in the same condition as that in which we sent it to you within 7 days of the issue of the returns number, we shall refund the cost of the Item plus the original shipping cost within 30 days of receipt of the returned Item. Please note that original shipping cost is only refunded if all items from a single order are returned. Where an Item is returned because it is damaged (and such damage has not been disclosed in the description) we shall not deduct the original shipping cost from the amount refunded.
33. Returns outside of the timeframes described above may be accepted at the sole discretion of Covetique and may only be refunded as a store credit.
Limitation of Liability
34. Save to the extent required by law, we shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error, mis-description or omission in any description of an Item marketed on the Website or otherwise.
35. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable to you under these Terms for any loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, wasted expenditure, goodwill, reputation or revenue or for any indirect consequential or economic loss or damage whatsoever howsoever arising out of or in connection with these Terms or the performance of the Agreement or any breach of the Terms or Agreement by us.
36. Our aggregate liability to you under these Terms shall be limited to a sum equivalent to the total value of your order.
37. The limitations in clauses 34, 35 and 36 shall not apply to limit our liability if and to the extent that we have been guilty of fraud or dishonesty, or in relation to a claim for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
38. We shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage arising as a result of our being prevented from performing our obligations under these Terms by reason of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
39. None of the provisions contained in these Terms affect your statutory rights.
40. You may not assign or transfer your rights and/or obligations under these Terms or any Agreement into which these Terms are incorporated.
41. No person other than Covetique or a Buyer shall have any rights to enforce any of these Terms or any Agreement into which these Terms are incorporated.
42. These Terms shall be governed by interpreted in accordance with English law.