Collection of Personal Information
We need to collect certain personal details when you register with us and use the website in order to facilitate the provision of our service and to maintain our quality standards. These details may include your name, phone number, email address, home address, shipping address and other similar information. You can amend or update personal or contact information you have entered into the website at any time by logging on to your online account.
In addition to the above information, we will also keep a record of your user details and log details of any visits to, and transactions you carry out through, the Website (as buyer or seller). If you contact us, we may keep a record of any correspondence.
We may gather statistical information about sales which may be passed to third parties but this information is entirely anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
We do not collect or hold credit or debit card details; these are collected and processed securely by our third party payment processing agent in compliance with PCI data security standards.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data whilst it is being transmitted to or from our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Personal data will be held by Covetique using appropriate safeguards to maintain its privacy and security.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information:
- to ensure that the website is correctly displayed on your computer in the most effective manner;
- to monitor and improve the provision of the services through the website;
- to provide you with information about your use of the website;
- to enable us to send you our newsletter and to provide you with information in relation products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide you with information, promotional material or details of offers from selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to send you notices about our service or any changes to it.
We may use your details for the processing and delivery of orders, processing payments, and managing your account.
Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
We may disclose your information on a confidential basis to our agents, subcontractors, bankers and third-party service providers in connection with the proper provision of services to you. We may also transfer your information to an assignee of the whole or a substantial part of Covetique’s business. Subject to the foregoing, we will not share, trade or sell your information to any company or parties not directly associated with its proper use in accordance with the terms of our service or as described above, except when you give us explicit permission or we are under a legal obligation to do so..
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us sending you our newsletter or using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by changing your preferences in your online account or by contacting us using the details set out below.
- Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to ask for a copy of any information we hold about you. If you require a copy of this information, please contact us using the details set out below. We may make a small charge to cover our administrative costs.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. If accepted, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you have any questions about the privacy of data we hold, to “opt-out” of receiving marketing communications or to request a copy of information we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Covetique Limited, 6-10 Vicarage Crescent, London SW11 3LW, for the attention of User Support Department.